Personally as a couponer, I find Wal-Mart to be frustrating when shopping for any item , let alone using coupons. Using coupons in combination with their Low price Guarentee, and
their ad-match policy really doesn’t work out well for many couponers.
But,Wal-Mart proposes to win back customers with their new 4 point plan.
1.Savings Catcher program. I have tried this new program. I have received a mere $0.15 back.
2.They propose to have more choices on products available.
3.The company is planning to slow its construction of new stores, and instead invest more money on e-commerce.
4.Really ramp up the customer experience in our stores.” That includes being able to find what you need, and find someone to help you buy it.
I am not really sure if that will make up for the fact that couponers have to deal with cashiers who really don’t know their own coupon policy. I honestly hope that retraining their
cashiers will help this situation.
Another, downfall I find at Wal-Mart l is that they assume all couponers are misusing coupons. They seem to treat many couponesr as if they are criminals. This I do take offense to,
there is a negative stigma attached to Extreme Couponing which is not always true.
This is my 6-point plan on what polices Wal-Mart needs to implement,
1. Make sure your cashiers know your coupon policy, and your ad-match policy.
2. Stop making commercials stating “no need to bring your ad to Ad-match”.
3. Train your CSM’s and Cashiers on the proper verbage on a coupon and to understand what it means.
4. Stop allowing some Wal-Mart’s to price match certain deals while others do not.
5. Stop treating every couponer as if they are breaking the law.
6. Stop pulling items off the shelf or not re-ordering the product when there is a coupon out that makes the item free.
These are just a few suggestions. But hopefully the changes that Wal-Mart plans on implementing will help all shoppers.